The average adult takes about 5,000 steps per day—and just one of those steps can be life-changing if done under hazardous conditions. Property owners have a legal obligation to keep their premises safe, and you may be entitled to compensation for your physical and emotional injuries as well as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering if you are a victim of a slip and fall accident.
Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere including:
- Private residences;
- Stores, malls and shopping centers;
- Office buildings;
- Parking lots;
- Hotels; and
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Liquid or debris on the floor;
- Unsecured rugs or carpet;
- Icey surfaces;
- Changes in elevation, such as a step down;
- Poor lighting conditions;
- Broken or missing handrails; and
- Many other unsafe conditions.
Slip and fall injuries include:
- Paraplegia and Quadriplegia;
- Fractured bones;
- Herniated and bulging discs;
- Nerve damage;
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Concussion; and
- Many other debilitating injuries.
If you are a victim of a slip and fall accident, it is important to secure representation immediately, as there are specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit. We work with medical, economic and other experts to ensure you receive the maximum compensation to which you are entitled.